Monday, November 2, 2009

The Schachterle's Halloween Adventure

These past couple of weeks we've been having lots of Halloween adventures, last Friday we carved our pumpkins!!! We got Lily's from a pumpkin patch, she had fun running around and trying to pick up all the pumpkins. Sadly, with so much rain, bugs, and humidity, our Jack-o-Lanterns barely lasted until Halloween . . . next time we'll carve them closer to Halloween.





Then Saturday (Oct. 24th), we had our HOA Halloween party that I planned with a little bit of help. It went really well and we had a great turn out from the neighborhood. As of right now I'm the HOA secretary, but soon I will be taking on a paid part-time job as the HOA Manager . . . it'll be a good learning experience.
(We had a jump castle, hay ride, and a few contests)

(Snack table: our HOA President and his wife made some awesome dirt cakes and eyeballs!)
(Jack-O-Lantern contest . . . it was a tie between the crazy pipe cleaner pumpkin and the three in the middle)
Lily pretty much spent the whole time swinging.

Then on Halloween night our ward put on a Truck or Treat and Halloween Carnival. Everyone loved our costumes . . . we were all ballet dancers (I made a tutu for Lily and myself - I didn't think Scott would have wanted one :-) ).

Us in costume!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
p.s. We made an awesome "Dinner in a Pumpkin" meal for the missionaries on Friday, Oct 30th! Good stuff . . .just forgot to get a picture of it! :-)

2 comments:

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

Arent tutu's fun to make?

Looks like ya'll had a fun Halloween!

Brianne said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. It looks like you guys had a great Halloween!