Sunday, November 29, 2009

A Fun Thanksgiving Feast and Holiday Weekend!

Hey All! Wow, what a wonderful holiday weekend it's been!!!

On Thursday, we had about 17 adults and 9 children over for the Thanksgiving feast and then a few more came for dessert. It was such a blast! We cleared out our living room to make room for tables and chairs (then we had everyone help us move our furniture back in for dessert time - burn a few turkey calories before adding the sugar calories :-) ). It was a great time and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.


Here is our turkey!!! It turned out wonderful and not dry! The stuffing needed more seasoning, but it was our first time making one.

The guests for dinner:


Dessert Time!!!

Dessert Guests:

Then, on Friday, we all went out to the backyard. Lily and I had a fun time playing on her outdoor toys while Scott worked on burning some of the branches we've cut from our trees . . . lots of trees in your yard = lots of branches to trim.
I did a photo shoot with Lily, but I'm getting frustrated with our camera. It's only 2 years old, but already the pictures are looking all grainy and not clear at all! Maybe I just don't know how to use it properly? Anyway, here are some shots of Lily (it was actually cold enough to get all bundled up . . . loooved it!):
(Yes, she's eating a peanut butter cookie :-) . . .she's developed a sweet tooth just in time for the Holidays)

Also, on Friday we put up our indoor Christmas decorations . . . Lily helped Scott put the tree together.

Lily's so excited for Christmas . . . she doesn't even know that it's her birthday time too! All she talks about is Christmas and the first thing she wants to do when we get up is turn on the tree lights. So cute!
I worked on fixing up the Christmas tree skirt and made a new star to put on top (much better then the hand sewn purple star - but I don't have the heart to throw the old one out).
Here's a close up of the new star. We also put up our outdoor Christmas lights on Saturday, but I haven't gotten around to getting picture of them, so we'll save that for later.
We also had an exciting BYU Football Game on Saturday night, but for some reason I couldn't get the video loaded of Lily yelling "Go Cougars!" and she also would come running into the room when she heard Scott getting excited and yell "Go, Go, GO!", she's getting turned into a BYU fan already!

1 comments:

nateandrebecca said...

Looks like you guys had quite the Thanksgiving feast. Glad you had a good weekend.

Sorry your pictures are turning out grainy. What kind of camera do you have? Some cameras have an "noise reduction" setting to help reduce some graininess. You will get more "noise" too if you use a higher ISO setting. The more light you have, the lower the ISO should be. For most things, 100 or 200 should be good.

If that doesn't help, and if you decide to get a new camera, I would go with a Nikon or a Canon, since those brands tend to be the most reliable overall. Definitely research it out first though to find the best camera for what you want to spend.