Recently we have continued to venture on the idea of getting Lily into gymnastics. So, for a play date with one of the mom groups I go to, we went to The Little Gym. It was awesome!!! Lily loved it and the instructor was amazing! Lily is also very advanced for her age, so we'll see if we'll take it up to the next step and actually get her into lessons.
This is Lily doing a somersault:
Yes, Lily is actually pulling herself up on those bars . . . she's way too strong!
She wasn't too sure about the balance beam at first, but she got the hang of it.

And of course, swinging on the bars was the best part of all!
Further in the study of exploring, I helped out with holding a baby shower and I did two somewhat creative pieces:I did cupcakes in the shape of the word "Girl" (because the friend we were holding the shower for is going to have a girl). Turned out better than I thought it would (especially with Lily stealing frosting as I was doing it).
Second, I made a diaper cake. I wanted it to be a little bit more sanitary (mostly because I was using preemie and newborn diapers, for when the baby is very new), so I used a trash bag to cover the entire cake. Then the bow I made it so that it can be used in the baby's hair later on (it's kind of big, so maybe just some newborn pictures or when she's like 5 years old :-) ).Next, just yesterday, our family took a trip downtown for the Children's Museum "Free Friday Family Fest". Lily loved playing on all the fun stuff they got there, but this time we went to the craft area which I haven't taken her to before. So, she got to make a headband to celebrate Thanksgiving! By the way, funny story, when we were eating dinner . . . Lily took a bite of one of those small pre-made brownie cakes and did not like it at all. However, she started coughing on it and the cough turned into a very large belch . . .not just a burp, but a belch like an adult man would do. Everyone around us just looked at our table and Scott pointed at Lily, so they knew that it really was her that did it! It was quite the highlight.
Today, we went to a friend's birthday party at the House of Bounce (basically a warehouse full of bounce castles and such). It took a while to get Lily to go on them because it was kind of dark (thanks to her good friend Anderson to help her get the courage to go). But, once she started she couldn't stop! Thanks to our friends for hosting such a great party!!!
Lily loved wearing the party hats they provided . . . and the frosting of the cake.

Lily loved wearing the party hats they provided . . . and the frosting of the cake.




2 comments:
sounds like fun all around!
Lily is such a cutie! It's fun to read about all your adventures. Where in South Carolina are you exactly? My husband served his mission in South Carolina and we'd like to go back and visit someday!
Post a Comment