Monday, April 14, 2008

The Weekend!

This weekend was busy but relaxing. Saturday, Scott took a very long test called the Fundamentals of Engineering (yeah, it was from 8am until 5pm in SLC). He felt pretty good about the test, but won't see the results for 12 weeks. Anyway, while he was taking a test, I was at the rink with Lily for a skating competition called Reach for the Peaks. I had three little students in it. A 4 yr. old named Dianna and two 6 yr. old's named Kamila and Taraz. Dianna got 1st place (I was very proud of her even though she was the only one competing in her level). Kamila got 2nd and Taraz got 4th (they both competed in the same level, poor Taraz was so nervous). But it didn't really faze them that they got places . . . they were happy with the experience - good thing too, even though they did great for only having 5 (15 minute) lessons. Here are some pictures from the competition:


(My little student Dianna)

(Laura Woolf with Lily)


(My past student - before having Lily - Maren)



(The North Rink - where the competition was held)



(Some of the judges and my good friends from the rink)




So, Saturday was a big day for both Scott and I and we were so exhausted . . . and we were so happy for a relaxing Sunday. Therefore, we spent some time just hanging out with Lily in our bed and took some fun pictures of her sitting up with the boppy. Also, Sunday was the first time we got to walk to church because the weather was so, so nice and warm!!! Yay!!!! We like the warmer weather so that we can take walks with Lily.



Today, Monday, Scott came home so early - it was awesome!!! I like having him home . . . especially when school is officially over tomorrow!! Yay!

0 comments: