Finally Scott and I were able to get in a longer conversation last night and it was spectacular to be able to talk to him! We are definitely still very much in love and enjoy each others company. The best part was being able to hear him laugh and talk about the things that have been going on at training.
First of all he sent great pictures of him in his uniform and of his neatly made bed, however they're not posting so I'll have to try again later.
Anyway, he has had some funny stories that I wish I could remember them all. One such story was the time he personally got in trouble (not just the whole company). Apparently they were all given a little notebook to take notes in of things that they have to memorize and they (their Senior Chiefs) their "knowledge" - like they have nothing else to think about but training - anyway, they are suppose to keep this with them at all times. However, Scott forgot his one day. They were all waiting to do something (I can't remember what he said they were doing) and their leaders told them to take out their "knowledge" and study it. So, Scott pretended to have his in his hand too, but when one of the leaders came by and noticed what he was doing he yelled (but not really) at Scott saying something like, "Where is your knowledge?" and Scott replied that it was in his room and the leader then said, "Put your hand down, you look like an idiot!" There was more to their conversation (or lecture) but I can't remember, that part was pretty much the funniest.
Well, it was great to hear him laugh . . .but it's hard not being able to talk to him face to face. I'm just glad he has such a great roommate who keeps him entertained and relaxed.
Lily on the other hand is growing more and more each day. I'll have to post some of her pictures too when we get them on the computer. But, she's finally getting a little bit more chubby on the thighs, working on cutting teeth, and trying to crawl (she gets up on her hands and knees, but doesn't know what to do from their - and that's when she's in a good mood on her tummy). She is hilarious at night because when we get her ready for bed and lay her in her crib she just rolls around having a grand ole' time. Lily is completely adorable. She has also enjoyed having new foods in her repertoire, like sucking on strawberries and Popsicles as well as bread and toast. But she definitely doesn't like peas, not even sweet peas - what a face she makes!
So, I guess that it about it. Hopefully I'll get some pictures up soon!
Amberly Faith's First Day of Kindergarten
6 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment