Friday, May 13, 2016

Updates from Easter until now . . .

It's been a process, but we are finally settled into being a family of six, and it's pretty awesome. The girls love their new brother and each enjoy helping out in their own special way (diapers, burping, holding, etc). It's been a busy six weeks, and a few of those days I asked myself if I could really make it through another day, but I did and I'm still smiling. I'm truly learning to find the joy in each new day and really hold onto it, because that's what gets me through the tough parts. I've also been strengthened by family members, praying, scripture study and EXERCISE (and it helps a whole lot that Scott is done with his MBA and is graduating next month). Life is beautiful when you let it show you its true self.


So,with no further ado, here's the low down on our family since the last post . . . 

Easter 2016

We like to ask the Easter bunny to come on the day before Easter because we like to focus on the Savior on the actual day of Easter. The girls loved decorating their baskets this year.


Easter egg hunt at the church. Isaac and I stayed home and slept :-)


See, well rested, LOL.


We dyed eggs too!!


Easter dinner was at Scott's grandparents house and, as always, the kids had a blast with their Great-grandparents :-)



In other news, 


Maggie really likes holding Isaac and giving him comfort when Mom can't get to him fast enough.


Lily, and a few of her fellow students, had the opportunity to represent her school at a PE showcase.



We realized that Isaac is just like his father in showing of his "Blue Steel" look :-)

 "blue steel" Zoolander


Isaac also has a pretty awesome mow hawk. 

Nightgowns and Milk time :-)


Our first outing as a family was to a BYU Baseball game and to our luck, our car caught one of the foul balls :-(. Oh well, we were pretty famous after the game, LOL.


The younger generation are born with the ability to take great "selfies".



Isaac chillin' at the game.


Our next big outing, with Grandma this time, was to the Zoo during Spring Break.



Grammie and Poppa then came to visit and stayed for Isaac's blessing and helped out a lot around our house :-)



At the end of Spring Break, Maggie and Lily got to go with Daddy and Poppa to a fishing derby. They didn't catch any fish, but they had more fun at the other activities anyway :-)



Isaac's Blessing Day!!! It was such a great day celebrating Isaac. We even had family come up from Oregon for it!

 Esther REALLY didn't want to get her picture taken and had to be tempted with Fruit Snacks.


By the power of the Priesthood, Scott gave Isaac a name and a blessing (click on the links to find out more about the Priesthood and Priesthood Blessings). Isaac sure is a special boy!!


Esther was pretty attached to Poppa during their visit :-) I like to capture every moment we can on camera.

And again, Maggie being a great big sister :-)


And Esther, trying to follow in her sisters footsteps (she's wearing Lily's boots . . .hee, hee) :-)


Trying to entertain . . . with Goop :-) However, the food coloring made their hands turn purple.


This is Lily and Maggie's new trick on the swing set, I think we're ready to join the circus.


This last week, Lily had the opportunity to perform in her multicultural dance group. She represented Scotland and performed a brief solo during the dance to showcase Highland dance to the tune of "Scotland the Brave". It made me cry seeing her perform her heritage.


Isaac's first smiles!!


Our weather has already hit the nineties on a couple days, so we opened our pool (big and little) :-)


My handsome pool guy :-)


Mother's Day!! This breakfast says it all!! But, really . . . .Saturday evening we went to the Rhododendron Garden and on Sunday, I got to sleep in, had an almost breakfast in bed (Isaac had to nurse), and just enjoyed our family. I was quietly reminded why I became a mother and why the Lord entrusted these beautiful souls to me, AND (most importantly) that I'm doing better with them than I think I am doing.


And, as we part, some brother fun.....



Thanks for reading!!

0 comments: