Monday, April 1, 2013

Okay, time to catch up!

     All right!! I have been very negligent on keeping up on my blog posts. But, I feel a reform coming on and hopefully, just hopefully, I can make a routine of this posting thing. My goal is to post every Sunday, because we truly have so much going on that it is important to document it, even though to most people it's not as exciting. 

     Anyway, without further ado, here is what we were up to in January and February . . . you'll have to wait until next week to hear about March, because March was a crazy big month for us  and will need its own post.  :-)

JANUARY
Yes, Grammy, here is finally a picture of the girls in their Christmas dresses (forgot to take their pictures on the Sunday before Christmas) . . . Lily added the purple shirt.



All the cousins on Bethany's side of the family!! We got to have a great visit with my older sister (especially for her birthday), my half brother, and my oldest and middle brother and their families. We had such a great time to hang out, chat, and play. Now we have documentation of all the cousins together in ONE PICTURE!!


The girls have been really great at doing child labor . . . I mean chores. They love helping to put away the dishes. One day they actually did it while I was finishing up something upstairs! We love our girls, such amazing sweethearts already. Oh! And dad is awesome too.


Let's see . . . I believe Maggie got to have her first mini chocolate bar here. This girl sure does love her food!


Lily has become an exceptional reader. She reads all the time and Maggie loves to sit by and listen to the stories.


The Children's Museum here has a free Friday every month, so here we are enjoying the dig pit!

Scott and I had a great date night and I cooked dinner of Coconut Tilapia with rice and zucchini. It was Yummy! Afterwards we went clothes shopping for Scott because he needed more business clothes for work.


FEBRUARY

The girls love their Daddy time


Here are the Valentines (thank you Family Fun magazine) Lily and I made for her school friends and anyone else she wanted to give a Valentine to.


Happy Valentine's Day!!
 

Scott's gift to me . . . such a great guy!! Love him so much!


Scott had some tennis time with his youngest brother Greg before Greg left for his mission (what is a mission? Click here to find out). The girls enjoyed playing out side too.



I also had another sewing adventure . . . for myself. I made a new diaper bag for me!
 



 After Scott's brother Greg spoke at church, we had a going away party with family in his honor. This is Maggie enjoying getting to know her Great Uncle Mark by making buzzing noises at each other.


 Cuddle time.

 Here we are saying our last good-byes to now Elder Schachterle serving in Mozambique, Africa, Portuguese speaking. We love you and good luck!!


 And finally, we love going to the library!! Here we are at an event put on in the library with a museum based on science (this one focused on the science of weather), so they had a lot of cool experiments (like blowing dry ice bubbles).


Lily got to be a molecule.


The end. See you next week!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

You guys look great! And very cute diaper bag! Great job Bethany!

Lindsay said...

I'll be reading next week to hold you accountable!!!!