So, what did we do this last week . . . no really, I can't remember it is all a blur right now. Hmmm . . .
Oh yeah!
Squirrel!!
Yes, we have a friend squirrel. Our neighbor 2 doors down calls her Mama Mia . . . he holds the the squirrels, lets them in his house, etc. Pretty crazy. But, this little lady, enjoyed coming right up to our sliding door to get free handouts of peanuts:
In other news, the girls enjoyed playing with each other and friends this week . . .
Lily having a tea party
The girls playing in jackets in the empty pool . . . yup, that's how we roll.
Oh, and I just remembered all that we did last week . . . I cheated and looked at the calendar :-)
I had a couple of lessons with my dance student. She is doing so well and I really, really hope she makes it on the high school dance team that she'll be trying out for at the beginning of May. With the short amount of time I have been teaching her, she can already do a double pirouette on her left!! It's exciting!! The next couple of weeks we're going to the gym at church so that we can work on some dance patterns/combinations (of leaps, turns, etc) across the floor . . . those are hard to accomplish in my living room floor. I love teaching dance, made me wish I majored in dance (instead of minored) sometimes.
Anyway, Lily had soccer practice on Wednesday and a game on Saturday. She was doing really well until she did something to her ankle that made it hurt, but she's doing just fine now. One of her other teammates had a head on collision with a member of the other team after the game was over and cut open the back of his ear!! Crazy day for her soccer team.
On Saturday morning a friend and I went to the temple (click here to know more about temples) and had a wonderful time. We got there and found out the ordinance we were going to attend was in the Tongan language so we wore headphones, in order to hear it in English. But, from what I listened to of the language, I found it so beautiful. Even though I spoke a different language than many of those in the room, I felt the same warm spirit there and knew we were all brother and sisters. I also enjoyed the feeling that our Heavenly Father loves everyone, no matter the language spoken, or the culture you are part of, whether you're black or white. It was a great reminder that we are His children and he looks out for each of us individually and he knows us personally.
So, I guess that was about it . . . until next time!



0 comments:
Post a Comment