Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A long awaited update!!!

We've been a busy family since Maggie was born . . . She has truly been such a blessing to our home! Full of joy and love (she even smiled and giggled at 4 days old). So here is the run down, enjoy the pictures!




Lily loves to play with Maggie on the play mat:

Sisterly love!! Lily is always asking what Maggie is saying . . . pretty funny. She also asked me once when Maggie is going to go away so that she can her baby brother now. I told her that we get to keep Maggie forever and that someday she might get a baby brother too . . . then she asked me if I had another baby in my tummy and I responded with "not for a couple more years." I love what comes out of my 3 year old's mouth!


The "O" face!!

First time going to church!


My mom (Grammy) came into town and then Scott left for his 50 miler . . . however, we had to "suffer" for 3 days because our A/C broke and Scott had to bring one of the boys home, so he got to come home and help get it fixed by a great person. Then Scott went back up to join the boys and finish the trip.

Maggie's first time meeting Grammy.


While Scott was gone, we went shopping at the outlets. Lily rather enjoyed being spoiled :-)


Aunt Ashley made the girls adorable, matching dresses. Thanks Ash!


Thanks to Grammy, Scott and I were able to go out on a date to see some marching bands perform!! It was so awesome!!! (We got discounted tickets because Scott wore his Scout uniform).


Then, Papa arrived and Lily was so excited to have him here with us! They spent lots of time together, especially reading books!


When Scott's parents arrived we decided to go to the beach because the weather was HOT!! We even got Maggie her own swimsuit (but she didn't get in the water, just slept) and she matched Grammy.


Maggie with Uncle Greg:

Maggie with Grandma S. :



The next day we went to Magnolia Plantation, it was again hot but we had a good time. Here is Lily with a Lily :-)

A White Egret.

We went to the petting zoo they had and there was a fawn that licked us all over because of how much we were sweating. Papa even let it lick his head!!

Early the next morning Scott, his family, and Lily went crabbing and caught 5 blue crabs! I couldn't try them . . . I guess I have issues with eating something I saw living. Later that day, we went downtown (Scott, Maggie, and I attended a wedding while everyone else wandered the market and let Lily play in a water fountain). Then we had dinner at Texas Roadhouse . . . they have the most AMAZING rolls!!!


Fast Sunday, we blessed Maggie . . . Scott gave her a beautiful blessing. I'm so grateful for the Priesthood (learn more about it here)!













The day after Grammy and Papa went back home, we took Scott's family to Fort Dorchester and Bee City.



Fort Dorchester - it was a town settled by people from Dorchester, Mass. It thrived for a while, but was later abandoned.

At Bee City we got to feed Lemurs, monkeys, miniature horses, etc!!! We also got to taste honey made by the bees there. Here I am feeding a Lemur:






So, now all the family are gone and it's back to the same old, same old. This week I started up teaching dance again and in 3 weeks our little 3 year old Lily will be starting preschool, dance, and continuing with gymnastics (she's a very active girl :-) ). Scott is doing well back at work. It's funny to think that as of this time next year we will be getting out of the Navy and moving . . . we've enjoyed being here and are grateful for all the friends we've made, but it'll be exciting to see what next year will bring!!!




Anyway, these pictures are from today. I'm trying to be a good mom and make sure I find time to play with Lily . . . today we made dogs out of play dough.

And . . . I finally caught Maggie's smile on camera!! Enjoy!




4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Yay, I have been looking forward to this update!!!

I'm glad that everything is going so well for you. I just love your family!!!

Everyone looks great. Keep up the good work! You are a great Mom!!!

Good Luck with everything and we hope to see another update soon.

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

How fun. Having family in town it the best!!! Having a baby is always a good way to get them to come for a visit!

Kacorn said...

your Maggie is such a cutie Beth. I'm glad she got here safe and sound. Hope you're doing well.

John and Bethany said...

Congratulations on your little one! She is precious. You guys look so happy.