Sunday, July 4, 2010

Yes, it's been a while . . .

June has flown by so fast I think we have forgotten to breathe! Since our last post we've been up to so many different activities. I'll go week by week (which is probably more for us than for you, so you're welcome to skip to the pictures):

May 31st to June 6th - we did battle of the sexes with the Young Men/Young Women, attended the temple with some friends, and went roller skating on a date (yeah, we were pretty much the only couple over the age of 20 there . . . but we still had a great time).

June 7th to 13th - Lily started Gymnastics this week (even with having a little bit of a fever), I'm still doing physical therapy for my neck/migraine issues, we fed the missionaries dinner, I had a Relief Society committee meeting, then we went to a Blood Drive that a boy scout in our ward was doing for his Eagle Scout project, and finally Scott had NDI (night duty instructor).

June 14th to 20th - Lily and I went to the beach with friends, did more gymnastics, made invitations for a baby shower, Scott had NDI, I had a Relief Society "Cooking from Scratch" Meeting, and Scott had a Young Men camp out.

June 21st to 27th - I started teaching dance to the gymnastics team where Lily has her class, made diaper cakes and attended a baby shower for a friend adopting a baby, swimming lessons started, continued gymnastics, fed the missionaries, went swimming at a lake, Scott had Officer of the Day, and I gave a talk in Sacrament Meeting on how the Priesthood blesses my home (also did a little visiting teaching).

June 28th to July 4th - Finished swimming and gymnastics lessons for Lily, continued teaching dance (2X's a week for an hour each), had a Relief Society Presidency meeting , fed the missionaries (we like having them over), I had a Relief Society "Basic Sewing" Meeting, we went to a dinner party at a friend's house (we had tons of fun and I beat Scott at sword fighting on the Wii, but he beat me at canoeing - guess that Scout merit badge came in handy), went and watched fireworks at a park - Lily was so excited to see them, but hid under the blanket the whole show, and we had some friends over for a cook out and fireworks (forgot to take pictures of that).

So, yes, we've been keeping ourselves busy. These next couple of weeks we're getting ready for Scott going to Scout Camp, getting ready for our big (and well-needed) vacation to visit our families and friends, and I have a doctors appointment with a new doctor (after switching our insurance, hoping to get some better answers) . . . and Lily and I get to breathe a little after all those lessons :-)

Ok, to feed your appetite, here are some pictures . . .

Lily decided she wanted to wear daddy's work shoes:

We invited our friends over to play in Lily's pool . . . we were excited to see Anderson actually getting in the pool and having a great time (the pictures are proof).






Finally, here is a video of Lily "doing a handstand" and playing the harmonica, just like her daddy:




I also want to wish my dear friend Amanda a happy birthday, even if she's not with us anymore, I know that she is doing amazing work where she is.




P.S. Watch the new video (you can view it here, just scroll down after following the link) that Mormon Messages has on Mothers . . . I definitely needed to hear it.

2 comments:

elaine said...

You guys have been busy! Hope you got some time as a family over the 4th!!! I was thinking of Amanda yesterday too!

Lindsay said...

Lily is too cute. I can't wait to see you guys soon!