My dear friend Amanda Gunter passed away today. It is always hard to comprehend the passing of a close friend or family member, why it had to happen, what to say to her family, how you can help out . . . the truth to the matter is that with the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation given to us by our Heavenly Father we can answer those questions. Heavenly Father has a plan for all of us and when it the time is right he will call you back home to him. My friend Amanda was one of those people who were prepared to meet the Lord and that is why He called her back to Him because she was needed there. She gave so much to others and expected nothing in return. Amanda cared for everyone and always had a bright outlook on life (even during the trials her family faced) and all with a smile on her face. I know for a fact that I will one day see Amanda again when it is my time to return to the Lord . . . I just hope I will be as prepared as she was. She leaves behind a hard-working, loving husband and the most adorable and sweet-natured daughter that you have ever seen, but I know that she will be with them throughout the rest of their lives. I love you Amanda and it will be a joyous reunion when we meet again in Heaven. I will continue to pray for your family and keep them in my heart. Thank you for the example you showed me and I will forever look up to you.
(I wanted to have a picture of Amanda, so I could remember her - so, I borrowed this one from her facebook, hope no one minds)


3 comments:
Thanks Bethany, that was a beautiful post.
I am so sorry for the loss of your friend! I appreciated your testimony and am completely strengthened by those who go before us and the work that is being prepared beyond the veil!
Beautiful post. I'm sure she did return with honor.
Post a Comment