Sunday, March 14, 2010

I guess it's time to update?

We've been extremely busy lately... with our callings and birthday parties and baby showers and going to the temple and... Last Saturday (a week from yesterday) I (Bethany) went to two baby showers (that were held at the same time) and I have another one to go to this Saturday! It most definitely is Spring with babies coming and the trees budding . . . I'm so happy for my friends and their new bundles of joy they are bringing into their lives.

Anyway, I also had the chance (with my wonderful committee) to organize the Relief Society Birthday party this year and it turned out so beautiful . . . I'm so grateful to the sisters who helped make that night possible. We had the theme of Emma Smith's Garden Party, so we decorated the tables with flowers, had artificial plants around, and had the sisters bring quilts/ cross-stitches that either they made or were given to them that we hung up . . . it was a beautiful setting. I dressed up like Emma Smith (I actually fit in my pioneer dress that I wore for trek when I was 16 years old . . . I was amazed) and gave a lesson about Emma and the beginnings of Relief Society. I love the sisters in our ward!!! I'm just sad I didn't take any pictures!

So, yes, we've been busy. And so has our little Lily:

Here she is climbing on the counter trying to get a sucker by herself (the little sneak!) -
Scott caught Lily sitting in her grocery cart watching a movie -


And, finally, Lily has discovered (but doesn't fully comprehend) the art of watercolor. She likes using the paint to color the water more than using the paint to color on the paper -

Other than that we're doing ok . . . today was kind of a rough day for both Scott and I. Thank you to those who give us so much support. Take care all! The Lord is such a strong influence in our lives and I'm so grateful for His tender mercies he offers us on a daily basis. I'm thankful for the peace that I felt in the temple yesterday. . . everything is such a learning process, but even though there are hard times we need to take things step by step and they will get better with the Lord's help.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Lily is SO big! I seriously can't wait to see her in a few weeks. I remember when she was a little baby and we babysat her and she would just cuddle with both of us! Thanks so much in advanced for letting us come and crash at your house. We can't wait! I'll send you more details as it gets closer. I'm headed to Utah in a couple of days, but once I'm there I'll have some free time. See you so soon!

elaine said...

the sucker must have been very tempting to climb like that!

Laura said...

Love, J and I have been thinking of you and praying for you extra much today. We love you so.