Saturday, February 27, 2010

Lily's Spoiled . . . . almost.

Just recently some friends in our ward had a huge yard sale and we got some great deals there . . . all for Lily. We were able to get the kitchen set, play food, dishes, the organizer, the shopping cart, and a box of musical instruments! It was awesome and Lily plays with her new toys every day!

Some other new things about Lily is that she can pretty much hold a complete conversation with you. She's growing taller every day and she is still quite the comedian. The other day we were heading to the store and she sniffs and says "mmmm . . . French Fries!" She doesn't get french fries very often, but she can sure detect them when they are around. Also, she knows how to say Mississippi! Lily is getting to be so grown up, but at least she's finally letting me cuddle her more often :-)


On a final note . . . I hosted another baby shower for a friend in our ward. She is having a boy and is due in March, so I did a little bit of a St. Patrick's Day theme. I once again did a diaper cake and the gender of the baby spelled out with cupcakes. But, I found that with each baby shower, I'm getting a little bit better at the craftiness of things.

This time around you can actually see the lettering a little bit better.


Here is the diaper cake, since it was a boy I decided to do a tie that can clip onto the baby boy's shirt (rather than a bow for a girl, like I did with the last cake), it turned out pretty good for a first try (I think).

Well, there you have it. We've been staying very busy . . . especially with our callings. I have our ward's Relief Society Birthday Party next week and at the end of March we have some friends coming to visit for their Spring Break!

4 comments:

Jenn and Alan Atherton said...

I bet Lily loves that kitchen and all the accessories. It look like a ton of fun. That's a really cute idea to make a tie like the hair clips. I might steal it from you and try it. Did you use the same kind of alligator clip and just turn it so it will clip onto the neck of the shirt?

Laura said...

Adorable! Nice work!

nateandrebecca said...

It is always nice when you can find used things that you need/want for a good price. Nice job on the baby shower stuff!

Lisa said...

Wow! You are so talented and creative! I'm impressed!