Saturday, April 18, 2009

Got the curtains up!

I recently finished making curtains for the office and our master bedroom, but we had to borrow drill which is why they didn't get up until last week. My next fabric projects will be a drape curtain thing (not sure what it is called) for the kitchen and living room windows. Here are the curtains:


I'm also trying to do more work on Lily's scrapbook and I got more pictures developed. Oh! And I also finished decorating the bathroom:

There's a matching bathmat to the shower curtain too (once Lily gets older, I'll add a stool and probably some sort of drawer thing for toys/etc.). Anyway, Scott is still busy at work, but has been good and working on our yard. We have a few plants growing in our garden (pepper, cilantro? - it might die, and potatoes). We'll plant more once the soil is ready. We are also trying to attack the fire ants and weeds that are overtaking our yard. But I think once we got a handle on them, it's going to look great! Also, on the front of the house we'll be adding some more flowers and flower pots. So, we're definitely keeping busy. We're excited for Scott to take time off work at the end of the month and we get to go camping!!! Yay!


Other then that, I continue on day after day watching Lily grow into such a wonderful little girl. And, she's truly a spitting image of her parents . . .guess how Lily enjoys walking?

On Her Tip Toes!! Yup, future dancer in the making! She also enjoys having dance parties :-)


Other Lily news . . . she doesn't like to let her parents sleep at night (we try to let her get back to sleep on her own, but it's hard when she's cries bloody murder for an hour straight). We think the cause is . . .

You see . . . all the teeth marked with a red 'X' are teeth that she already has, but the one mark in yellow is her first molar coming in and it's giving her a lot of trouble (at least we think so, or she's just the most amazing manipulator of all time :-) ).


Also, her newest word to say is (or phrase) is "More Strawberry" . . . she's a sucker when it comes to them :-). She loves babbling and trying to repeat what we say! And last time we had her weighed at the nutritionist she was about 19.5 Lbs. She can almost turn forward in the car!!

Well, that's about it! Love y'all!




2 comments:

nateandrebecca said...

Fire ants...I hate fire ants. Not fun. The house is looking nice though. Good luck with the teething.

sachiko said...

I love that pic of her walking on her tippy-toes. How cute is that!