Well, let me tell you! I'm not very good at Blogging consistently and when I do it's pretty long, but Lily keeps me pretty busy. But anyway, I hope you all still enjoy reading and seeing what we're doing - hopefully I'm a little bit entertaining :-).
Recently, we have had many adventures. Scott continues to enjoy working. His second class is going a lot better then the first, so things are becoming more settled there. As for me (Bethany), I think being a mother is becoming a lot easier on me and I'm enjoying getting to know the other ladies in our ward and making great friends. It is so amazing how people in the same situation become bonded so quickly. I've finally finished the curtains for our master bedroom and the office (we just have to get the rods up and then hang the curtains) - I'll get some more pictures of that. But, anyway things are going well and Lily and I enjoy playing, going to the Library, visiting friends, doing things around the house, dancing and most of all going outside! Lily just had her 15 month appointment and her height and head size are great, but she's underweight (but considering how big Scott and I are smaller people). Other then her weight she's where she's suppose to be.
Here is Lily taking a ride on a cooking pan . . . this is what she does while I'm cooking.
Lily sits at the door waiting for daddy to come home, so this is the first thing Scott gets to see when he gets home. The bag on her head was a first time offense :-)

Here we are at Charles Towne Landing (in the stocks . . . he, he)

This ship sailed from Maryland to be at this dock.
We got to see a musket demonstration:
Also, we got to see some Buffalo, black bears, birds, a cougar, elk, and bobcats at the "zoo" they had (the Charles Towne Landing park).
This is Lily again, wearing Scott's slippers . . . funny girl.
The Young Women in our ward held a fundraiser for Girls Camp that was a Sock Hop so we attended and got so many wonderful sweets.
My birthday was a week or so ago and so on the day of my birthday we ate Chinese food and Scott made a wonderful Reese's ice cream cake.
Once again, Lily being Lily and drinking her water from a cup (of course there's only like a centimeter of water in it :-) ).
Lily decided that she needed her blanket while she ate lunch.
And again, Lily (when you are a stay at home mom and have only one child, you take a lot of random pictures) decided she wanted to sit on the couch. But to get there she had to take all the cushions off.
Lily reading her book on mommy and daddy's big bed with all the pillows.
We are almost done with decorating our bedroom. Recently we got a headboard and foot board from my friend Christina (the foot board isn't attached yet).
Scott's sister Lindsay and family (Alan and Alyanne) came to visit us the last week and we got to show them some of the sights of Charleston (however, we didn't get any pictures as a group).
Then, we took the Jones' to Fort Moultrie:
Lily riding a cannon:
This is at my other Birthday party about a week later. I shared it with my good friend Christina whose birthday is a week after mine. We had a hot dog roast and some good cake.
Here we are blowing out the candles. We made a cookies dough ice cream cake with freshly made chocolate chip cookies on the top!
Now, Spring has officially arrived here in Charleston and this is what our front yard looks like:
And finally, Lily is eating at the table now!
On a final note . . . Scott was in a car accident tonight, but he's okay just a little bit of backache and the other driver is okay as well (at least as far as we know right now). Our truck is not worth salvaging unfortunately - which is one reason why we're glad we only paid $1500 for it. So, it was a little bit of a shocker for our family, but we will get through this together with the Lord's help. The Lord has blessed us so much and I'm just glad that Scott is safe and was able to come home to me. So, that's it for now, sorry so long as usual but you know how things are sometimes.


2 comments:
Wow, glad to hear everyone is alright! I'm jealous of your front yard! Looks gorgeous. :) Lily is as cute as ever.
It looks so beautiful there in the spring. I am wishing it would stay spring here now. You know how Utah works, spring for a day then winter for 3 and so forth. We are glad to hear that Scott is ok.
Post a Comment