Lily and I have been having a lot of fun lately, while Scott is at work (I think I definitely have the better job :-), but I'm so thankful for Scott and his great dedication to supporting our family). Anyway, a couple weeks ago, Lily and I went to the Children's Museum downtown with a couple of friends. It was so much fun, Lily got to explore so much!
Here is Lily playing at the water stations:

Getting into sailing, like her daddy!
Helping man a fishing boat!
Working at a deli.
Me and her at playing at the infant/toddler station:
The castle part (which is for older children). Also, behind the castle part is an arts and crafts part too! There was a puppet show part and I scared some kids with a spider puppet :-) (later I showed them that it was just a puppet).
At home, I just got one of my knitted beanies from Mom Schachterle and Lily looked so cute wearing it that I just had to take a picture of it (she likes wearing our hats).
This dresser is one of my recent craigslist finds! It was practically new and it has a anti-tip system inside so you can only open one drawer at a time (so, we just have to open the top drawer so Lily can't open any other drawers :-) ).
Our wonderful Mom Schachterle sent us early Valentine cookies! She's so creative! Love you!
Here's one for our parents and Grandparents. Just yesterday morning we had this Red Cardinal in our yard (sorry about the blurriness, I was taking the picture from far away so I wouldn't scare the bird).
Here are some of my recent projects. We rearranged our furniture in the Living Room, and added the new rug from my brother (thanks Sean and Danelle, this gift was awesome!). The small paintings on the wall are ones that I've painted.
I made a display of flowers and such on top of our cabinets to make the kitchen more comfortable to be in.
So, since Lily has gotten so mobile and tall, I had to make a cover for our "pantry" so that she doesn't make all the cans drop on the tile and get dented. I did it by scratch without a pattern, guess I take after my mom when it comes to sewing (I give her all the credit).
Here are Lily's new curtains (but, I still couldn't figure out the button hole maker on my machine so the ties for the curtains aren't as finished as I wanted them - MOM I NEED YOUR HELP WITH THAT!).
So, last but not least, this is what I wake up to every morning! She loves being cuddled when she wakes up and climbs all over me! She's so funny in the morning!
(She's singing to the calming music I have been putting on in the mornings lately because it's been nice and relaxing for us)Oh yeah! Here is a video of Lily that I shot (yes, it's mainly her feet), but, it is of her walking on her tip toes . . .just like her mother - working on her dance skills I guess.
I hope you all enjoy my blogs, if you have any suggestions on how to get better at it let me know . . . I'm not that exciting and it's hard to post often, but at least I do it so keep you all updated! :-)



4 comments:
congrats on the loan thing, I cant wait to say that!
sorry its taken a while to get back to you, sweet potatoes....well I dont actually fry them:
chop them into wedges (or how ever you want) drizzle olive oil on them so they are coated evenly and then add with johnny's (i add greek, and italian too) or any other seasoning and i always add garlic:)
put them in the oven at 400+ and usually they take 20-30 mintues, just watch them. I dont even peel ours, the skin is so thin anyway, i just make sure to scrub them really well before.
so there ya go, nothing too crazy or exciting but we honestly eat these like every week.
oh lily is so cute! thanks for the update!
Looks like you have been busy. Cragslist is great, and those are pretty fancy looking Valentine cookies. And congrats on getting the loan paid off; that is wonderful!
Oh my goodness, she is getting so BIG! Soon I will need to start sending her gifts so I can brainwash her into thinking I'm the favorite aunt. It is my favorite pasttime. :)
Wish you were closer!
Post a Comment