Thursday, October 2, 2008

Going private?

I think we might be going private, not that we've had any weird comments or anything, but I think it might be a good way to go . . . what do you, as friends and family, all think?

9 comments:

Lance said...

I don't know if RSS feeds still work for private blogs (that's how I keep up with you guys). Either way, I don't think it is bad one way or another.

The Brown Family said...

As long as I can keep reading. :) I would do the same, but I don't know my family members that keep up with mine who don't have a blog could keep doing so if it was private!

Melissa said...

did to the above comment.. I would love to keep reading what's going on with you and your family!

Al said...

Mine is private and I much prefer it that way...your family and friends can still keep up with you if you give them the direct link to your blog, so no worries there!

How are you doing?

Al said...

(Just so you know, the ol' flip flop junkie is me, your college pal Alisyn :) )

nateandrebecca said...

As long as we can keep reading your blog...

Rebecca McAllister said...

Every once and a while some old lost friend finds our blog through a link on another blog, or I hear that someone who I didn't know was reading it, and never makes comments just can't wait for our next post, so that's why we havn't considered going private. It just depends how scared you are of whacko's out there...

Mary said...

This is Mary, Mike's wife. Instead of going private, I use StatCounter (statcounter.com). It's a free tracker that you can insert on your blog and you can see not only how many people look at your blog, but a lot of other things about them, including what page they came to your blog from. That's how I know who's looking at my blog (or at least how they got there). It's free and you can choose (like I do) to make it invisible on your page, that way no one feels like they're being tracked.

Lara said...

Depends on what you want to do with it--I just don't give out identifying info and only post photos of things not people :) I tend to be really careful when it comes to putting info on my family out for the world to see...but I love that other people do lol. It was great to see you at Devin's reception!