Monday, June 3, 2013

The Good Stuff


 As promised, I finally took more pictures of the Princess Tiana dress I made for my daughter (with added sleeves for modesty). There is also a crown which we made out of craft foam and hot glue. The leaf embellishment on the top was where I had to get creative with the pattern I was using (as well as adding the sleeves), but it turned out pretty good in the end. The skirt is 3 layers, and the flower is just a fake flower that I bought that had some leaves on it. I stripped the leaves off and sewed them on some green ribbon to add the effect of vines. The flower and vine are hand-stitched onto the dress. The back also has a zipper.








Here are the girls playing Cinderella. They had fun dancing around the room and twirling.


I had some left over balloons from the baby shower I held a couple weeks ago. Lily and Maggie thought it was fun to throw them all in a corner and then get in the pile. It was pretty cute.

Just a close-up of Maggie.

We babysat for some friends and had a great time watching a movie and eating cookies :-)



Happy (late) Memorial Day!! We had quite the rainy Memorial Day here, but that did not stop us with our picnic plans. We found a great covered area near the Bonneville Dam and ate a delicious meal, which included the best gooey brownies ever!!! Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for the fun time!!
 Scott and Maggie

 Grandma and Grandpa

and Lily (we are not very good at taking normal pictures in our family, LOL)

 Here we are at the Bonneville Dam and fish hatchery. I tried to get Maggie to take a picture with dad, but she refused.



At the fish hatchery they had a Sturgeon tank filled with HUGE Sturgeons!!! There was one there that was, I think, 12 feet long and over 70 years old!!!


She wasn't really scared, she was just pulling such a great face as I took the picture. :-)


Later that week, Lily had her Kindergarten Round-Up or Open House and she got to ride a bus!! She even rode it without me. Hard to believe my little girl is going off to school in the Fall!!


Here is Lily at her last soccer game of the season. She did so awesome! Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa came and watched her, too! It was a hot day and I got a sunburn while I was sitting there watching!! Ouch!

The whole team, they're too cute!

In other news . . . we are expecting another baby, due Dec 14th. So, that's probably why blogging has been a little difficult for me, sorry about the grumpy post last time. We are 12 weeks today!! Yay!!

P.S. Lily really, REALLY wants it to be a brother :-) But, she said she will still love the baby if it's a girl.


3 comments:

Lisa said...

Congratulations on the up and coming baby! So excited for you all! What great news!

Lindsay said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!! So happy for your family. The dress is awesome! Thanks for the pics!

Melissa said...

Congrats! Hope Lily gets her brother! Boys are pretty awesome fun!