Friday, May 4, 2012

What happened to April??

Yes, April came and went without an update from us . . . sorry, but we were having fun with life :-) This post is a little random, but at least it's an update.

I did a few little sewing projects . . . new covers for our Nooks (because the actual Nook covers are too expensive). I also sewed a new diaper bag (an improved one from the last one I made), it matches my Nook cover, but I didn't get a picture of it (if you really want to see it let me know and I'll post that picture another time).



We had a wonderful Easter . . . Maggie enjoyed opening her chocolate eggs  and sucking on them (we caught her in time before she got to the chocolate).

We went to the zoo after Scott and I did some work in the temple . . .  the weather was so perfect!!



Lily had fun feeding hay to these goats.

The zoo  also has a botanical garden. My loves are sitting on a huge chair that was in the children's play area in the garden.


Scott and I are getting better at exercising these days, and the girls like to help with that :-)

Maggie is learning how to read . . . just kidding, but she really likes to look at books. 

We attended a Sock Hop/Dessert Auction that is a fundraiser for the Young Women at church so they can go to Girls Camp. And yes, we did dress up.

Lily is becoming such an amazing big sister . . . she walks Maggie around, plays with her, and always tells her that she loves her :-) 

While working on the computer this . . .
is usually what happens :-)


I had another sewing project I had to complete just yesterday. We had gotten a great deal on some tap shoes for her dance class . . . However, they're white and she needs black ones for her dance recital. So, instead of paying $20 more for another pair of tap shoes, I made covers for her shoes.

Here is a preview of her costume for her dance recital. CUTE!! 

Other than what was pictured . . . we had a busy month of April. Scott got released as Young Men's President at church (he's still an advisor, especially to help out with finishing their collapsible kayak project) and I finished up my calling as Day of Service Coordinator.

Our Day of Service was so AMAZING!! The children and youth brought the spirit and lots of joy to some residents at an assisted living home (I was moved to tears it was so wonderful). Then our main project went like clockwork and everyone had an enjoyable time and we felt so good about the work we completed. If you want details of the projects we did check out the website. You can also google Goose Creek, SC Day of Service and get the news articles. I am so glad that I had this calling because I learned so much from it, and I got to meet so many people (including the Mayor).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is awesome you sure have been busy. Its like our April. Busy Busy Busy.. This month is the same as is next month and July. We have a Date but I told you that already. See ya guys soon I hope!

Sarah said...

Nice sewing projects! I'm seriously impressed with the black ballet shoe covers. I'd never have thought of that. Way to go.