It has been a crazy, stressful, but enjoyable 4 weeks full of goodbyes, traveling, fun adventures, and illness.
We recently said goodbye to our good friends the Reed family. We had them over for dinner and had a great time. This is one reason why I like being part of social media . . . staying connected to good friends!
Maggie has been hitting great milestones . . . crawling, pulling up on anything she can, walking along furniture, clapping, etc. She is truly amazing.
She's also been enjoying the 2 new teeth she has :-)
For a really long time, Scott and the Young Men at church have been using as many Saturdays and camp out in completing collapsible kayaks. It's been quite the stressful project, but it will be rewarding in the end. Below is the wood that will be eventually put together into the kayaks.
Lily is my 30 year old in a 4 year old body and will definitely be bored (most likely) when she gets into kindergarten. But anyway, she picks up on things so quickly. Recently, she learned the new adventure of being a Musketeer (thank you Barbie and the Three Musketeers movie). Lily and her daddy even made a mask to help her get into the character even more!
Before leaving for Disney . . . I had a little health issue and then our Subaru's clutch gave out on me while coming home from skating. That was a cold, but quite the learning opportunity for me from the Lord. I still wasn't feeling well and I had forgotten my cell phone . . . so, I had to rely completely on the Lord to help me and the second I thought a prayer for help a very nice man drove up and asked me if I needed help. Then he stayed with me until the tow truck came. I got home safe and very humbled.
And then the next day . . . we went to Disney World!!!
I made Lily and her cousin Minnie Mouse ears for the trip . . . Maggie enjoyed them too.
We started our Disney adventures at Animal Kingdom . . . where we met Minnie, saw the Lion King show (Maggie really got into it), and enjoyed looking at plenty of live animals.
Then we headed off to the Magic Kingdom . . .especially to meet PRINCESSES (even though we already have a couple around the house)!!
Waiting to see Aurora, Belle, and Cinderella!
Lily really knows how to act around royalty!
Maggie loved Belle (a little too much)
Cinderella gave Maggie some princess lessons . . . .
Carousel!!!
Tea cups !!
----Hollywood Studios----
Tower of Terror!
Playhouse Disney!! I believe this was Lily's favorite, especially meeting Jake from Jake and the Neverland Pirates (he even gave her kisses).
Disney is so good at entertaining children while the adults play :-) Yes, Lily has learned to hula hoop!
On our "rest" day we went to Downtown Disney and we went to the LEGO store and all around they had these sculptures made completely out of LEGOS!!!
----EPCOT----
Here we are at Epcot . . . this day was rough because we came down with a case of food poisoning (me first, then Scott . . .while we were touring around Epcot, and finally Lily . . . luckily Maggie didn't get it, since she didn't eat the sandwich we got)
Lily and her cousin helped with saying the Pledge of Allegiance.
Our last day at Disney . . . Maggie got to ride on the carousel and Mom and Dad got to have some fun (since we went through the whole food poisoning thing and missed out on a day of Disney stuff).
Goodbye Disney!!
Back at home . . .
- Maggie got an ear infection.
- We got Scott a new car (which looks exactly like the old one, but is a Saturn and is automatic).
- Lily got sick too.
- Maggie got a double ear infection
- We still had some fun . . . see below:-)
Maggie found the joy of smashing her face against the glass door.
The girls enjoyed some time at the Children's Museum.
I made "Rapunzel hair" to go with the dress Lily has . . . both the girls helped make it, especially Maggie.
Maggie will probably start to walk around the same time her sister did :-)
Scott grew a mustache because everyone else at work did too . . .
it's gone now (enter my happy dance)
Oh yeah, I turned 27 . . . we had a little family party and then the next day Scott and I went to a dance concert with some friends. It was wonderful!!
Finally, we sold the Subaru . . . we were sad to see it go, but it was something we had to do.
Well, I think that is about it . . . I'm sure I left some things out, but this post is long enough already.
Take care until next time . . . and know that without Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ in your life, things can and will be a lot harder. Click here to find out how to keep your life happy, even in trying times.


2 comments:
Wow...that is a lot of stuff. Most of it sounds fun at least. Definitely not all of it though...food poisoning is awful!
Looks like a fun trip! Wish we had been there ;) Sorry about the sickness, AND I did think about you for your birthday I was just MEGA lame and said nothing. Happy Birthday.
Post a Comment