Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Updates before the new arrival :-)

We've had some fun times these last couple of weeks as we wait for the new arrival to make an appearance.

Recently, Lily got a package in the mail from her Grandma S. She was so excited to get something in the mail . . . her Grandma had made her new flower clips for her hair. She made sure to wear them on Sunday too and told everyone they came from her Grandma.

Last week, I decided to finally get some fabric and make a new canvas diaper bag with more pockets (I love pockets . . . probably because of my organizational needs :-) ). It turned out great. There are 6 pockets on the outside and then lots of space on the inside.

Another fun event last week . . . Lily did the reading program at our library and we had read 15 books together and she got lots of great prizes (she was so excited about the medal and t-shirt):


This past weekend Scott took the YM on a 10 mile hike (with their backpacks) in preparation for their 50-miler at the end of July (the weekend before Scott went on the Priest High Adventure - white water rafting - trip, so he's getting in his fill of fun . . . which is great). So, here are some pictures from the hike and camping:



(However, many of them came back with chigger bites, ticks and mosquito bites - at least Scott didn't get any ticks, yuck! But at least they had fun.)
The next day we met up at our ward picnic for some good food, swimming, and fun activities - we've done a lot of swimming lately . . . Lily started her swim lessons last week and she's such a fish (hopefully I'll get pictures of that soon)!

Finally, on Sunday, I curled Lily's hair for church. She's been really wanting to do curlers but it was too late Saturday night to get them in her hair, so I took the time to curl her hair in the morning. With lots of hairspray, her curls stayed in:


So, a baby update . . .


As far as I know she hasn't turned yet (at least I think so). I've been going to a chiropractor and that has helped a lot, especially with my lower back issues. But, on Thursday we'll see if she's turned yet from her breech position. If not, we're going ahead with our scheduled C-Section on Tuesday, July 5th . . . it's a disappointment, but its the best thing for our baby to come without complications. So, in a week we will get to meet this little girl!!


We have a busy week ahead of us . . . hope all of you have a great week!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

You know what, I started my pregnancy with plans for a natural birth and then found out that we will always have to have scheduled c-sections. But you know, after I got used to the idea I realized it wasn't so bad. I did get a healthy baby after all! Also, it gives you a chance to prepare everything perfectly and plan it all, even down to the babysitter and visits from relatives. Just make sure that you check with your doctor to make sure they will let you see your baby right away. The biggest surprise to me was that it took 20 minutes for me to get to see or hold my baby. I just lay on the table listening to him cry as they cleaned him up. The first time I saw him was through a photo from our camera. That wasn't exactly how I'd imagined it! Good luck!

Lauren vdH said...

Hey Bethany, My little guy was breach till 37.5 weeks. Have you tried this: http://spinningbabies.blogspot.com/2007/02/how-to-do-inversion.html It was really helpful for my back problems as well. And if you think they have turned, then don't bend over or lay down or anything for at least an hour, so they get used to the new position. There is still hope! Love, Lauren :)

Lindsay said...

Oh, Bethany, I didn't realize you had already scheduled a c-section. We'll fast for you on Sunday. Keep hope and know that however it all ends up is how it is supposed to. Let me know if you have any questions or want to talk. I hope you're feeling alright, almost done!!! At first I was sad that I had a c-section, but now that it's done, I loved it and definitely am fine with it happening again (*if* it happens again). Loves from our family!!!