Wow! It took awhile, but we finally made it to 100 posts!! Yay us!!
Well, nothing too out of the ordinary has occurred. We're just having fun as a family and learning new things everyday . . . recently we've learned that Lily needs an earlier bedtime, due to increased crankiness lately.
But, we have also been working with Lily and her reading skills. So, as pictured, we sit her down in front of the refrigerator at night and spell words with her. She is doing very well!!! We're excited to have her start reading! She also has started tracing letters, so we'll continue to work on the writing skills too.
Recently, Scott and I went on a date to Middleton Place, which is another plantation but is more English than Southern (with Dutch architecture). We LOVED this plantation, definitely our favorite by far . . . probably because we liked the organization of the gardens which are done in the same style as the gardens at Versailles.
Anyway, as we were touring, there were sheep roaming the grounds and chickens. I especially enjoyed the chicken pictured below . . . its feathers were so great, it even had feathers on its feet!!! Ok, maybe not everyone will think it as funny as I did, but you had to see this chicken walk!!
Anyway, here is part of the main house. There were 3 structures to the house once, but during the Civil War, 2 of the buildings were burnt down (the main center building and the ballroom/music wing).
This bridge led to the slave quarters, just beside it was a chapel that the plantation owners had built for the slaves to worship in.
Here we are in front of the Spring House, where a natural spring poured into . . . it also served as a kind of refrigerator for their dairy products (above this house is where the Chapel is).
A picture of one of the many gardens . . . since it is January, there are no flowers in bloom, but in the Spring this place is in full bloom! And one last shot . . . not much, but here I am at 15 weeks. Amazing how time flies, especially after waiting for this moment for so long. It is truly an amazing blessing to be able to bring another child of our Heavenly Father into the world. I hope and pray that those of my friends who are going through difficulties in being able to bear children know that no matter what, you are always in the hands of the Lord and He will never give up on you or take away promises given to you. Be faithful and endure!




3 comments:
Congrats on baby #2! I'm sure Lily will be a great big sister. We're counting down the days now until our #2 graces us with her presence. ;)
Yay!!! We are so excited for your family! You look so cute, I love your hair. Congrats!!!
Congrats on a second baby! I'm so happy for you guys!
Post a Comment