Over Labor Day weekend we went camping up in the Smokey Mountains and saw the Biltmore Estate (owned by the Vanderbilt family . . . it's also the largest house in the US). So, here are the pictures from our trip.
(On the back porch)

(This is the Courtyard Market - the Stable/Carriage house)
(The Gardens)
(Lily dancing by the Italian Garden)
(The House - we couldn't take pictures inside, but it was humongous!)
(The front entrance gate to the entire estate)
(Antler Village - the winery, barn, etc . . . below is an early automobile owned by the family)
(Lily petting a statue of the Vanderbilt dog, Cedric)
(An old tractor - We got to dress up too!)
(Tea Party)
(We got to see a blacksmith demonstration and he made a beautiful leaf key chain, and played music on an anvil with hammers - see video)
(Lily got to help make butter)

Other than that things are going well . . . I started teaching Lily and some of her friends at church a little preschool and I've also continued to teach dance to the gymnastics team where Lily is doing gymnastics. Scott is busy teaching 2 classes at work and planning and doing activities with the Young Men at church. My calling has kept me busy as well. We just did a service project and made school bags to be filled with school supplies to be sent to children who need it and we made cookies packages with thank you cards to send to military members serving in Oman. We are also looking forward to Super Saturday (a big craft making day with yummy soup for lunch) in October.
So much going on, but very often I stop and just let moments sink in . . . so much has happened this year, that it really takes a toll on the body and soul. But, I find myself clinging to Lily just that much more and loving her and Scott even more because right now we need each other more than ever. Lily is such a sweetheart and tries so hard to be good, I'm so grateful for her and all that she teaches me everyday. Children are our precious gifts from Heavenly Father and we must cherish them (even during those "hard days").
I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ and I'm so grateful to be a member to His Church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.


1 comments:
I wish I could go to Souper Saturday! That was so fun last year. :)
Post a Comment