Monday, June 8, 2009

New Happenings . . .

Here we are once again to tell you about what has been going on in our wonderful lives in Charleston!

Almost every day since the heat of the South has decided to make itself known, Lily and I (as well as many of the other mothers I hang out with) go to Wanamaker Park and enjoy the cool water of the sprinklers!! It is so neat to have such a great park to go to and enjoy being outside and cool at the same time. And I got an individual pass for the whole year for only $25.00 (Scott won't be there as often so the individual pass was the best way to go for now)! Lily loves the water and we have also started Parent and Tot swimming classes at the Navy Base pool (pictures to come later).


For a long time we've been trying to catch Lily when she makes faces on our glass door and so . . . here it is:
Whenever Scott gets home from work and changes out of his uniform you'll often find him and Lily wrestling on our bed and smothering each other with pillows . . .rather entertaining!
Our little Lily has recently became quite the climber. She has learned to climb on the kitchen table as well as the piano . . .yup, she got up there all by herself.
We finally turned her to forward facing and she thinks it's the coolest thing ever (she's not quite 20 lbs - 19lbs. 6 oz. - but in her rear facing car seat she would put her feet against the seat and arch her back and since she is so strong it was near impossible to get her to sit down).

About a week ago, Lily and I were heading to a baby shower and we were stopped in the middle of the street due to a Canadian Geese crossing!
We headed downtown that same Saturday as the geese crossing and enjoyed a little bit of the Spoletto Festival that was going on. We got to see some paintings, then played in one of the fountains at Water Front Park (pictures below), and got to enjoy some African Dancing and drumming!

Here is the African dancing and drumming . . .it was so neat to see. I loved doing African dance when I was doing my Modern Dance classes at BYU. I also learned how to play the drums that they're playing at BYU, good times. I even got to go down and try to do some of the dancing, but I was in the back and couldn't see the movements very well . . .but I still did alright.
Here is our new set up in the living room since we got our new desktop computer . . .we had to move it from the "office/guest bedroom/craft room" because there is no telephone jack in that said room and we didn't want to go and buy a longer one . . .but it's all good because we would have had to eventually move it out there when Lily moves into the office/guest room whenever the Lord blesses us with another child.
This is what the no more office, but guest/craft room looks like. That's the futon bunk bed we got from our neighbors for $20.00 (we still need to get a twin mattress for the top, that's just our camping foam on it). We are going to get another fold up table to have in that room for me to use for crafts and so that both of us have a quiet place to be and use the laptop (I also have my elliptical in there).

And finally, here is Lily being cute on Sunday. Her hair is finally long enough to put into a pony tail!
Dramatic pose!
The End!

3 comments:

nateandrebecca said...

Looks like fun. Having access to a pool in the summer is definitely a plus!

Alicia said...

yay! water! just letting you know that i enjoy reading your blog, and enjoy your updates!!

Adamson Family said...

fun to get caught up with your blog. camping, being a mom, decorating, water fun, it all sounds great. jonas stll doesn't eat, it can be so frustrating. what kid can say no to ice cream, jonas has managed it.