So not much has happened since our last funny posts. Last week Scott and I went out on a date to the Citadel (it's a military college here in Charleston) chapel where their band and choir sang Christmas related songs (more religious though - we think it was Protestant, so it was kind of different for us), but it was fun. We actually met an interesting man who was sitting next to us. He survived the 1983 bombing of the Beirut barracks because his driver saved him after being seriously injured himself.
The gentleman was raised as a racists man in the south and the driver that saved him was black - so it changed his whole outlook on blacks, he even wrote the driver's mother to tell her about the death of her son (he died shortly after saving our new friend) and how sorry he was about what he was. She was so moved that she published it and it is now a book called Color Blind. Amazing experience for us so be sitting next to such a changed man (he definitely tells the story much better). He even gave us his cards and said if we ever needed him for anything to not hesitate to call. Truly, he was saved for some purpose! Heavenly Father is definitely in every aspect of our lives.
I'm very excited (I really should have gone skating more recently! Maybe I could have seen him at practice?). So a lot of holiday stuff is coming up for us (Ward Christmas party, Choir program at church, Festival of Lights, and of course . . .Lily's first birthday and going home to WA!).





5 comments:
Love the hair cut! Cool story about meeting that man, Was this a date night sans Lily. We just had a Noah-free night tonight and it was so wonderful.
Yup, definitely a date night. We just got two weekends in a row!
That is a fun picture of Lily helping with the bookshelves. She has grown so much since we last saw you guys. And those elf videos are hilarious!
Yay! Lily is so adorable. She looks like you but with blonde hair. I'm not so hot on Todd Eldridge, but if it was Ilia Kulik (spelling) I would have fainted. I had such a crush on him as a teenager. And your post about cockroaches made me cringe!
Love the hair!
Post a Comment