









After Commencement we went to our apartment and had a wonderful spaghetti dinner (where I made some amazing garlic bread . . .I was pretty shocked myself). After dinner we had a doughnut party . . .yeah baby! Good food good people.
On Saturday I had to go to work and afterwards we had a BBQ at North Park . . .it was very cold and windy so we didn't stay too long after eating. We then went to Jenn's and ate cake and did some Dance Dance Revolution. Good times.
The next week, I had to work a lot so, Scott got to watch Lily. On top of that the Peaks Figure Skating Club (PFSC) that I'm a part of asked me to perform at the exhibition on Saturday, so I had to practice my program (which is to the song Breath of Heaven and is 3:45 long). Also, Cara came into town for Women's Conference, which we both got to attend. Furthermore, the dad of one of my really good friends and my Bishop (from when I was in high school) passed away (he got hit by a car riding his bike to work) - so I'm so glad to have the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation so I know that I will see him again, but it was still very sad and shocking that it happened. Women's Conference was enlightening and I have found a few things that I definitely need to improve upon, but such is life. Work went well too, only a few mishaps but it all worked out. I enjoyed time with Cara and I know she had fun seeing her niece. We got to hear President Thomas S. Monson speak on Friday, May 2nd. He is an amazing man and I love his stories. He can truly make a woman feel of worth in the eyes of God. Saturday was the PFSC exhibition. I performed pretty well (wish I landed my axel - that was kind of disappointing - but there probably were some reasons behind it . . .I skated last, I was still breaking in new boots, and I'm still coming back from being pregnant), but it was sad because it was my last performance with the PFSC . . . I will really miss being in that club. Oh yeah! Lily ate her first rice cereal too!

Finally, Saturday (May 3rd) night we got to go out on a date and Ashley and Joseph watched Lily. We went and saw the Spiderwick Chronicles and then went to dinner at Las Tarascas - good food, but Sunday we got hit with the Curse of Montezuma and don't really like the bathroom as much anymore. :-)
If you want to see more pictures of the events of the past couple weeks (and you have us as a friend on facebook) you can check out the albums we have put on Facebook.


0 comments:
Post a Comment