Hey there!!
Today, we had so much fun!!! We went ice skating or as Lily would say it "ice kating". We had a blast. Lily wasn't scared at all!! Once she saw people getting onto the ice after the Zamboni was done, she was rushing to the door. We skated for a whole hour (with a couple breaks in between). Thank you Tourist in Your Own Town for getting us in for free!!! Great way to get a little one used to the ice! Enjoy the pictures!
(Silly Lily and Daddy before getting on the ice)
(Mommy and Lily - it was great getting back to my coaching roots to help Lily get prepped for getting on the ice)
(Lily loved being pushed around the ice and "running" really fast between Scott and I)
(She was able to skate almost on her own, with one or both of us holding one of her hands- she did do a couple steps by herself.)Hope you enjoyed our adventure, we sure did!!!
P.S. Lily is now learning several new words (some in Spanish too) a day!!! She is so smart!! And athletic!
Also, for New Year's Eve we went and had a party with the Young Men and Young Women in our ward. We played games and had good food. Then we came home, put Lily to bed and played more games and watch the Time Square presentation on TV. Good times!!



4 comments:
That looks like so much fun. I don't even remember the last time I went ice skating. Looks like Lily sure had one heck of a good time!
That's fun. St. George got a temporary rink downtown until April. I took Brynlee but didn't take my camera (what was I thinking?). It was fun and she did pretty well too. I guess it's in their genes!!!
that is so cool! I am so impressed Lily! I have been wanting to take Noah ice skating but he has to be three to go skating at our rink. Were you able to rent those skates or did you have to buy them???
Holly-
We rented the skates . . . they didn't have an age limit at the rink here . . . That's interesting that they have an age limit (I know skating classes start at age 3, but I know a lot of people who have brought their kids skating before then. Good luck!
Post a Comment